Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\viewthread.php on line 318
Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Variety is the Spice of Life
wizard

Mood:  
posted on 4-24-2022 at 05:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Variety is the Spice of Life

All of the flavors of WIZARD have their pros and cons.
The latest 007 version also has its pros and cons. The first tournament was well-received and more will follow. However, I am a little uneasy when I see a player such as MarsMoon play 3 games, win them all, but not make the final round because he had 8 breaks and the top 4 had 7 breaks. Yes, MarsMoon may have been dealt good cards but each of the 4 finalists also won at least 1 of their games so they also must have had some good cards.
Also note that in the final round of 4 the winner had the highest point score and the runner-up had the second-highest point score.

Mactonight

Mood:  
posted on 4-25-2022 at 07:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
IDK

I offer this, in German game there are no even bids, which eliminates the strategy of taking a trick away from one player and give it to another. The point being sometimes you create a rule that takes away skill.
In the latest version, where having more pink eliminates you, I offer this, although it doesn't happen often, sometimes it's better to take an extra trick then allow a player to make their bid. If, for example you are winning by 40 and bid 0 and the second place player bids 5. The better strategy is to take a trick and still win.

wihdt007

Mood:  
posted on 4-28-2022 at 03:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
agreed with mctonight. Marsmoon should have played to take down others (by counting pinks) instead of winning by score.

CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT