Board logo

Variety is the Spice of Life
wizard - 4-24-2022 at 05:53 PM

All of the flavors of WIZARD have their pros and cons.
The latest 007 version also has its pros and cons. The first tournament was well-received and more will follow. However, I am a little uneasy when I see a player such as MarsMoon play 3 games, win them all, but not make the final round because he had 8 breaks and the top 4 had 7 breaks. Yes, MarsMoon may have been dealt good cards but each of the 4 finalists also won at least 1 of their games so they also must have had some good cards.
Also note that in the final round of 4 the winner had the highest point score and the runner-up had the second-highest point score.

Mactonight - 4-25-2022 at 07:55 PM

I offer this, in German game there are no even bids, which eliminates the strategy of taking a trick away from one player and give it to another. The point being sometimes you create a rule that takes away skill.
In the latest version, where having more pink eliminates you, I offer this, although it doesn't happen often, sometimes it's better to take an extra trick then allow a player to make their bid. If, for example you are winning by 40 and bid 0 and the second place player bids 5. The better strategy is to take a trick and still win.

wihdt007 - 4-28-2022 at 03:40 PM

agreed with mctonight. Marsmoon should have played to take down others (by counting pinks) instead of winning by score.