Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\viewthread.php on line 318

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\viewthread.php on line 318

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: The Unwritten Rules
wizard

Mood:  
posted on 9-27-2006 at 04:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The Unwritten Rules

THE UNWRITTEN RULES
#1. Have FUN!
#2. Do nothing to diminish the fun of others. i.e.
....(a) Slow play
....(b) Frequent brb's
....(c) Excessive pooching
....(d) Excessive chat
#3. Do not gripe, whine or snivel.
#4. Host should provide a personal warning before taking action and if necessary BOOT anyone violating rules #1-2-3.
*5. Do not leave a game early simply because you are losing. This ruins the game for those remaining.

Corollary: Each excessive pause during a game detracts from the enjoyment of the game by 5%.

deanna

Mood:  content
posted on 9-28-2006 at 01:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Question for you Wizard. Are you referring to excessive chat outside the game, or during the game with your opponents? Chatting on MSN during games definately slows play, and I'd like to see people do less of that. But, in my opinion chatting in the game adds to the enjoyment. Just my 2 cents worth.

wizard reply.
I agree with your comments. Chat inside the game is good as long as it does not slow the game down. (That's why I used the word excessive.) Focus on the game and have fun chatting when free to do so.
Chatting outside falls into the general category of doing other things while playing the game....not good.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U deanna This User Has MSN Messenger
DougJ

Mood:  
posted on 9-28-2006 at 11:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Geez, if you can't whine or gripe, that's half the fun gone!!

And for my own edification, what is 'pooching'?

wizard reply:
See "Wizard Glossary" under "Bulletin Boards".
OK OK whining and griping is fine as long as it's done in a fun-way such as the many "I hate this game!" comments.
Stop complaining and griping!

deanna

Mood:  content
posted on 6-10-2007 at 12:40 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Leaving game when losing.

Here's a suggestion to add to Wizard rules of Etiquette: don't leave a game unfinished just because you're losing. We all have to take our losses as well as our wins. This is the top of my list of annoyances in Wizard. Happens all too frequently, and often ends up with a messed up game because the person left. Come on people. Grow up. Losing is all part of the game of Wizard. Let's just enjoy.

wizard reply:
ADDENDA #1
Do not leave a game early simply because you are losing because it invariably screws up the game for everybody else.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U deanna This User Has MSN Messenger

CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT