Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\viewthread.php on line 318
Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Wizards and Underbid Hands
wizard

Mood:  
posted on 5-22-2005 at 04:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Wizards and Underbid Hands

Although it is not always possible, it is best to win a trick with your Wizard when you are the last person to play. (When the hand has been underbid) Otherwise you may allow other players to dump high cards, trump or even other Wizards on your Wizard. I have often seen a cornucopia of winning tricks fluffed off when a Wizard is played early in the round. This mistake may well result in your winning an extra trick with a minor card.
Clarification: I am talking here about a situation where you want to win a trick with your Wizard. The point is you should try to win the trick without helping others to improve their situation,

cargobeep

Mood:  meow
posted on 7-10-2008 at 10:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
i would never lead a wizard on a underbid unless i have jesters to back me up. I always try to wiz on a suit lead earlier on in the round so others can't sluff trump. (usually aren't short suited yet, in the later hands) I guess it all depends on what you got .. what round...

CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT