Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\viewthread.php on line 318

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\viewthread.php on line 318
Poll: If Vienna tournament was “World championship” then why didn’t Carles win?
Bad luck (meaning the winner is determined mostly by luck, not skill)
Bad player
“World championship” is just a joke, it couldn’t find the real champion

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: If Vienna tournament was “World championship” then why didn’t Carles win?
wihdt007

Mood:  
posted on 10-24-2022 at 08:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If Vienna tournament was “World championship” then why didn’t Carles win?

If Vienna tournament was “World championship” then why didn’t Carles win?
Carles is the only true exceptional wizard champion, not because he won Vienna "Championship", he was NOT even in the final table. He's earned that title through years of winning and world records breaking!
The purpose of any "championship" is to find the skilfullest player called champion. IF the champion is determined mostly by Luck and not Skill, then you should call it rightfully "Tournament". Calling it "Championship" is just a joke, big lie!
A "Champion" is defined as, "someone who has won an important competition".
A "Tournament" is defined as, " A series of contests in which a number of contestants compete and the one that prevails through the final round or that finishes with the best record is declared the winner.
I agree that Carles is probably the best Wizard player in the world and we all know that luck plays a crucial factor in any tournament but all entrants realize this when a tournament is held. That is why we say, "May the best person win" but that does not always happen due to 'luck'.

I have no problem calling a Winner Winner, but not Champion.
Championship produces Champion
Tournament produces Winner.

For me, ANY card game "championship" is just a BS.

wihdt007

Mood:  
posted on 10-25-2022 at 12:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thank you for your feedback. I never pretend to be anything more then what i'm. I hate falsehood. I call A A, B B. I don't call A B. Of course, you know better English than me. But in French or my language, there's a HUGE difference between Tournament and Championship. In a tournament, you look for a winner (who could be NOT the best). In a championship, you look for the BEST. The kind of tournament in Vienna, you just look for a winner, not the best, so don't use the word championship, simply wrong, misleading.

CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT