Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\viewthread.php on line 318
Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: 4 Jesters
wizard

Mood:  
posted on 7-2-2002 at 03:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
4 Jesters

In a 4-handed game I needed to make my contract to maintain my lead. I had 3 of my 5-trick contract but had to get 2 more tricks. Unfortunately I was holding only 2 cards and one of them was a Jester. I won my 4th trick and then hopelessly tabled my final card, the Jester. To my amazement and delight the other 3 players all tabled Jesters giving me my 5th trick and my contract!
F.F. Toronto

sing3prima

Mood:  
posted on 7-21-2002 at 11:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thats cool! Ive actually been screwed with the Jester before. I was playing with two of my friends, and I think in one of the hands, either I wanted NO tricks or I had gotten all of my tricks. So I had to lead and played a Jester, thinking, "Theres no way I will get the trick since the other two need to get more tricks." ... WRONG. The second player didnt want the trick so she threw down the a jester. The third player - even though he needed the trick, he thought, "Ive never seen someone take a trick on Jesters before, so might as well try now." - So he decided to throw down a jester and screw both me AND him over. I yelled a few choice words at him, saying something about how he always tends to screw only me over whenever we play, then moved on. All the while, my other friend just sat there and was laughing her head off.

CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT