Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\viewthread.php on line 318
Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: WIZFEST 2010 Social - report
Mactonight

Mood:  
posted on 7-31-2010 at 03:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
WIZFEST 2010 Social - report

Alright all -thanks for coming and reading this -- wow what a great event.

Mind the spelling, diction grammer - whatever I'm typing fast as I try to remember everything.

Firstly - honestly one of the best wizard socials ever - Ken Fisher decided this year to have less tables and chairs and allow people to do more moving about and it was a great idea - for at least the first 2 hours I don't think one game of wizard was played, people moved about they talked they drank, they ate....it was just so much fun.

Quick breakdown when I arrived, Gae, who never gets enough credit for the work she does was about to write Mactonight on the name tag, but instead I asked her to write "perfect10" on it . Now most of you don't know that i'm perfect10, but I was going to retire the name anyway so I thought I would have some fun....well little did I know the fun this would cause.....More often then not I heard - Wait - you're P10? I thought Cargobeep was P10 - wow - you play a lot....I heard things like - you're not P10, but then maybe you are - now that I think of it, it makes sense - yes it was quite fun. I met Tim Burton AKA TPB11711 (or11729 or 117324) anyway - I have to confess I was wrong - he's not Tim Burton the Director However, he is still one heck of a great guy. For some reason he knew exactly who I was (must have been my P10 name tag) and said - ah you must be Mactonight - and I said yes and then said - wait you're perfect10.
Hilarious - this night was great - he went on and on about how I couldn't possibly be P10 and how Orca, his brother, had all this documented proof and this theory that Perfect10 was Cargobeep. My my my - I must say I am very crafty aren't I -
I was also blessed to meet Frostie - who apparently according to Zen confirmed that I am a whiner of which I know that can't possibly be true because Frostie was just a delightful person and just wouldn't say anything bad about me at all - The_Wiz is a delightful man as well - great to see online players for the first time in person. The Burtons were feeling the effects of travel and the_wiz looked like he was running on empty, but was still playing long after I had left. Now one player that did travel from Texas that showed no ill effects of Jet lag was Aniram. This delightful lady must have drank about 10 Red Bulls before attending because she was bouncing off the wall - Note to self and for those huggy people - don't see someone like aniram at a distance and rush over and hug them - I did that - she looked at me like I was a nut - Read that I was perfect10 and went - Who are you - hilarious - after Tim Burton explain that I was mactonight she said - you're not perfect10 - hilarious...she didn't sit still all night - she was bouncing from place to place, trying to find this or that - she wanted know how to go downtown on the subway and then left to get a map and then came back and had no map and then I offered her a ride to the nearest station which she said was great, then someone else said she could easily take a bus to wish she said that was great, and then someone else said that a taxi is the best way and she said great and then someone offered her rollarblades and off she went - I mean there was just no stopping her. In the meantime I met Taurus who is just such a delightful man - he too noticed that I was perfect10 - he said that he always thought it took someone with a huge overflatted ego to name themselves p10 and seem to have no issues believing it was me. I met Montana for the first time - a very nice man indeed - in fact it is simply amazing how many nice wizard people there are considering the game is full of cut throat personalities who think they are perfect I move on - Nightrunner and her sister were the only Mccoys to make it out on friday - The rest of the Mccoy clan will arrive in droves tomorrow. ap and sungoddess didn't make it either which was a total bummer.

cdngrl and fredthered were there - shinny happy people as always - cdngrl had the best line - she said - Mac, you have the wrong tag and she point to my wife heidiho and said - she's perfect and your the ho - hilarious - where do they come up with such brilliantness. I unfortunately didn't get to do as much socializing as I had hoped as this year Ken Fisher took up most of my time - He gave me a list of things I had to do tomorrow including make serveral announcements - WHAT I DIDN"T SIGN UP TO DO PUBLIC SPEAKING - the cool thing though is that I get to announce this years inductees into the hall of fame - which means I know who they are - inside information rocks - let me tell you

When the wizard games did finally start I wasn't invited to play in any of them - in fact I didn't get to play one wizard game at all - I did play 3 rounds of one game before being pulled away.

Merlin and Karmakarma seemed more relax then I have ever seen them, I'd watch out for them - they are keen on winning this.

I was then wisked away by Ken fisher who wanted to teach me about his new game called World of Words. It's amazing - there are two sets of decks -one with a red symbol and one with a blue symbol - you have a one minute timer. You turn the red symbol card revealing a letter - let's say B and then you flip the blue symbol card and get a second letter - let's say G then you flip the timer. You have one minute to come up with as many words as you can that start with B and end with G - each word must be 5 letters or more and if you get a 9 letter word you get more points
so words like bringing, or bragging or borrowing or buntting or blasting - whatever - after the timer is done then you go around and you say one of the words, if another player has that same word they have to scratch it out and can't claim any points - anyway it was a blast.

When I returned Mr. Wizard and his brother Dr wizard had arrived and Keith congratulated me on my German victory and then noticed my P10 tag - He gave me this look like - ummm you're not P10, but instead said - are you the only one that uses that alias - to which I said - umm unless someone else knows my password I can't see how - I think I really confused him

The best part of the night though was everyone wanting Heidiho to win. They were all - let's let Heidi win - Heidi should win go heidi - Even Mr Wizard said - Heidi I want you to win and I'll be second (For those that don't know because I won the online tournament Heidiho is not allowed to claim a prize).

Mumm01 was there and yes the cat is out of the bag, she is actually my mom - so try to be a little nicer to her all.

There of course were far far more people but I think I got most if not all of the players who are online....if I missed anyone I'm sorry

Also want to give a shout out to Howard, Mae who did a great job serving drinks and generally being very nice people.

Also a hey to Linda, Joan and all the other great people I have forgot.

IT's 11:30 eastern and I have to be up by 7 so I better call it a night

Good luck to those playing tomorrow!

Mac

merlin

Mood:  Smackem All Now
posted on 7-31-2010 at 04:40 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
WIZFEST 2010 Social - report

Great Commentary as usual Mac!
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U merlin This User Has MSN Messenger
Fiery

Mood:  
posted on 8-3-2010 at 04:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That's OK, Marko - I didn't see you there on Friday either...

Seriously, though, it was a terrific night - the start of a terrific weekend!

CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT