When life was slow and oh so mellow
Try to remember the kind of September
When grass was green and grain so yellow
Try to remember the kind of September
When you were a young and a callow fellow
Try to remember and if you remember
Then follow--follow."

Wizard Junior
We anticipate a BETA version of Wizard Junior in the near future. The format is light-years away from the current interface used for the regular game. Also included will be minor tweaks of the regular game, such as an upgrade to the login process and the ability to see the players that are in the games before joining. A new download will be needed. Junior games played will score equally for Top 10 points with the regular game. Your participation in providing feedback on the Junior game is crucial.

2009 Wizard World Fest
A big thank-you to all those who provided feedback and input for the proposed 2009 event. Discussions are now underway with “Amigo-Spiele” to see if they are prepared to host the 2009 event in Germany. If they agree to do so (and they may decline for a number of reasons) then the current thinking is that there would be a “U.S. Open National Wizard Tournament” to be held possibly in the Chicago-Indianapolis area to determine a “U.S. Champion”. Similarly a “Canadian Open National Wizard Tournament” would be held possibly in the “Greater Toronto Area” to determine a Canadian Champion. Both Champions would receive airfare plus accommodations to the 2009 event in Germany.
If the 2 aforementioned events do take place they would be limited in scale and maximum attendance would be 40 and 60 respectively. These numbers are low and could result in players being turned away or put on a waiting list. At this point in time everything is tentative and the picture could change significantly in the coming weeks and months.

Inaugural Online World Winter Wizard Fest (Proposed & Tentative)
When?...........Saturday February 21 & Sunday February 22
Where?.........Online
What?...........An Online Tournament spread over 2 days.
Who?............Open to all.
Cost?............Nil
Registration?
Saturday Registration 10 a.m. – 12 Noon (All times are E.S.T.)
Close of Registration?....No additional registrants will be accepted after 12 noon EST.
The last number of registered players divisible by 5 or 6 will be the number participating. Example 1: .If 101 register by noon then the first 100 will play. (Although registered before noon the 101st registrant will be dropped)
Example 2. If 97-98-or 99 register by noon then the first 96 registered will play. (Although registered before noon the 97th-98th & 99th registrants will be dropped.)
Start of Play:…..2 p.m. Saturday
Saturday Play: Each player will play 3 games (5 or 6 at a table) with a different group of players. A matrix system of points will be used. As in the Aug 2, 2008 live Tournament)
The cut-off number will be determined after the total number of participants has been established, For example with 100 players the cut-off point could be 60 but with 200 players the cut-off point could be 100.
Sunday Play: Table assignments would be posted at 11 a.m. Players assigned to a host would play 2 full games with that host with total points for the 2 games to count. Elimination and play would continue as in regular online tournaments except that each round would consist of 2 games, not one.

* The Online Winter Fest is Tentative
Your comments and advice are welcome.

WIZARD CLUBS
Both the “Cambridge Wizard Club” (Toronto West) and the “Toronto East Wizard Club” are gearing up for the new season.

Cambridge Club Meeting Location:
Pops & Ruby's in Cambridge
200 Preston Pky
Cambridge, ON N3H 5N1
Contact Ken Mccoy for details

LIVE - PICKTO (Pickering Tournament) Sept. 13/08 to start the TEWC season off.
Where: Pickering, Ont.
When: Registration at 11:00 AM-11:45PM. Tournament starts at 12:00PM EST
E-mail gdwellsbury@dsl.ca[/email], Phone 905-839-9497
Host: Merlin

TECH SUPPORT
There have been some problems on the site.
I hope the following example will be of some help.

Dear Wizard Tech Support:

Last year I upgraded one of your programs from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0.
I soon noticed that the new program began an unexpected child processing that took up a lot of
space and valuable resources. No mention of this was included with the product information. In addition, Wife 1.0 installed itself into all other programs and now launches during system initialization, where it monitors all other system activity. Applications such as Wizard Games 10.3, Football 5 .0, Hunting and Fishing 7.5, and Racing 3.6 no longer run, crashing
the system whenever selected. I can't seem to keep Wife 1.0 in the background while attempting to run my favorite applications. I'm thinking about going back to Girlfriend 7.0, but I do not know how to uninstall Wife 1.0.

Please help!
Thanks, A Troubled Wizard User.

REPLY:
Dear Troubled Wizard User:
This is a very common problem that men complain about. It is due to a great misconception. Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0, thinking that it is merely a Utilities and Entertainment program.
Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM and is designed by its Creator to run EVERYTHING!!!
It is also impossible to delete Wife 1.0 and to return to Girlfriend 7.0. Hidden operating system files will cause Girlfriend 7.0 to emulate Wife 1.0, so nothing will be gained. It is impossible to uninstall, delete, or purge the program files from the system once installed. Also, you cannot go back to Girlfriend 7.0 because Wife 1.0 is designed to not allow this.
Some have tried Girlfriend 8.0 or Wife 2.0 but ended up with more problems than with the original system. Look in your Wife 1.0 manual under "Warnings-Alimony/Child Support." I recommend that you keep Wife1.0 and work on improving the situation. I suggest
installing the background application "YESDEAR" to alleviate software hang-ups. Having installed Wife 1.0 myself, I also suggest that you read the entire section regarding 'General Partnership Faults'! (GPFs.)
Your Wife 1.0 does a scan for GPFs during its monthly program maintenance scan (PMS). You must assume joint responsibility for any faults and problems that occur, regardless of their cause. You will find that GPFs are cyclical. The best course of action is to enter the command C:\APOLOGIZE. Avoid excessive use of C:\YESDEAR because ultimately you will have to give the C:\APOLOGIZE command before the system will return to normal anyway. Remember, the
system will run smoothly as long as you share the blame for all GPFs. Wife 1.0 is a great program, but it tends to be very high maintenance. Wife 1.0 comes with several support programs, such as Clean and Sweep 3.0, Cook It 1.5 (which replaces Burn It 1.0), and Do Bills 4.2. You must, however, be very careful how you use these programs. Improper use will cause the system to launch the program Nag Nag 9.5. Once this happens, the only way to improve the performance of Wife 1.0 is to purchase additional software. I recommend Flowers 2.1
and Diamonds 5.0, should this happen.
WARNING!!! DO NOT, under any circumstances, install Secretary With Short Skirt 3.3. This application is not supported by Wife 1.0 and will cause irreversible damage to the operating system.

Best of luck,
Wizard Cards Tech Support

CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT